Our client is a successful international technology company that is active in the growth markets of safety, quality control, electronics and communications. As an expert for applied physics the company supplies components, modules, systems and services from a single source in Switzerland. We are seeking an accomplished and experienced personality as Operation Manager in Shanghai.
This position is in charge of the Operations at the location in Shanghai:
- Lead direct and indirect reports according to the organization chart of the company.
- Manage Operations to meet customer expectations.
- Active participation in the management team (strategy, organization,investments, etc.).
- Primary owner of all operational aspects of Business (manufacturing, quality, etc.).
- Lead an effective sourcing Operation.
- Implement operational planning tools (ERP system).
- Reporting directly to the General Manager and dotted line to the Head of Business Unit VC (Operations Review, Steering Committee Meetings etc.)
- Lead and/or support the transfer of exiting product manufacturing lines.
- Definition and lead of operational teams, management of internal and external interfaces as well as optimization of procedures and processes.
- To supervise and urge all departments to conduct such works as production, quality control, storage and transportation and to impel their work performances.
- To be in charge of the Department’s daily management work and members’ management, direction, training and assessment.
- To follow up, count and analyze the production data and to formulate the persistent improvement measures.
- To manage and control all production expenses and to formulate the equipment management regulation, the equipment repair and maintenance procedures and the purchasing and acceptance procedures for equipment and parts.
- Bachelor/Master in Business Administration or Technical background with additional economical degree.
- Previous experience as Head of Production, Senior Project Manager or Senior Expert in an industrial environment, with P&L responsibility
- Experience in managing suppliers and leading quality audits
- Experience in working in an international company’s subsidiary with headquarters abroad
- A proven track record of successfully running projects with a high complexity (technical and commercial) and a proven record of successfully working in an international environment
- Demonstrated background managing an environment that requires a high sense of urgency, strong results orientation, budgeting experience and solid understanding of practices and procedures
- Experience in working in a matrix organization on an international level
- Good financial skills
- Planning & organization skills
- Judgment & decision making skills
- Results- and target-oriented
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Fluent in Mandarin and English (writing and speaking)
- Proven Leadership skills
- High integrity: does not cut corners ethically, is consistent in terms of what he says and does, builds relationships of trust
- Intercultural competency: has a good understanding of other cultures and is able to develop and maintain relationships with people from other nations
- Communication skills: ability to foster a climate in which conflicts are openly discussed and to communicate well up and down, demonstrates sensitivity in cross-cultural communications and co-operations
- Negotiation skills: negotiates persuasively, takes a stand and resolves important issues, works toward win/win solutions whenever possible.
We offer a multifaceted and demanding challenge in an innovative and international environment together with an extremely fascinating and dynamic area of responsibility with a pronounced measure of autonomy and personal responsibility.
Heinz Reinhard | Inhaber / Geschäftsführer
031 310 26 00 | email@example.com
Schwanengasse 6 | 3011 Bern
|◻ Bewerbung abgeschickt|
|◻ Zusage ◻ Absage|